Our client is a global leader in the seed industry. They breeds, develops, produces and markets varieties and seeds in a wide range of vegetable crops around the world. In The Netherlands, they are located in Made (headquarters), Rilland and Tuitjenhorn (research and development).
Currently we are looking for a Leek Breeder
per direct, fulltime, vast
As Leek Breeder you are responsible for both line and hybrid development in leek. You will have close interaction with the local breeding, research and operational team and frequent interaction with product development, marketing, commercial and production departments. You will report to the Breeding Director Allium and are based at our breeding facilities in Rilland, the Netherlands.
- Provide leadership, management and support to the local breeding team.
- Translate the crop R&D strategy into approved product-oriented breeding projects and operational plans. Actively steer on delivering leading hybrids, while monitoring and reporting on the progress.
- Manage all components of a successful commercial breeding program. This includes management of germplasm, elite line development, hybrid development and trial evaluation.
- Manage and provide foundation material for a successful commercial seed production.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the crop, products, and customers by liaising with marketing and sales.
- Optimize breeding success by implementation and integration of state-of-the-art breeding technologies.
- Travel to relevant markets for trial and product evaluation. Ensure objectivity and reliability, sound data processing, and fact based decision making.
multilateral position, operating in an international environment.
A collegial environment where initiative is appreciated.
A position with a competitive remuneration.
Indien uw gegevens niet aansluiten bij het gevraagde profiel en/of de vereiste werkervaring kunnen wij uw sollicitatie helaas niet in behandeling nemen.