The Junior Product Manager / Technical Manager is the coordinator of technical expertise on Selko Feed Additives products and their application, while keeping focussed on the final goal to develop profitable sales. It is the role of the Junior Product Manager to generate product specification documents, execute and coordinate field trials, writing commercial technical reports, supporting in developing marketing communication material to satisfy the needs of the customers. The Junior Product Manager reports to the Business Manager.
The purpose of the job is to grow the gross margin and volume of specific Selko Feed Additives product lines by building sales support tools based on science, knowledge, laboratory work and equipment services to support the application and sales of Selko Feed Additives products. Train sales staff and distributors on understanding and using these tools.
Currently Selko Feed Additives is looking for a Global (Junior) Product Manager Feed Additives. This makes an excellent position for a starter who can get experience in different focus areas within the company.
Fulltime (40 hours/week) position starting with a year contract with the intention for long term employment.
- Convince customers of the technical and economic benefits of feed ingredients.
- Responsible for the introduction and use of technical sales support materials (demo’s, trials) to sales and technical teams.
- Supply information and data, as well as assists in defining the USP’s to product managers by Product, so they can prepare marketing material.
- Dosage and application recommendations of the feed ingredients in all feasible situations.
- Trouble shooting and support desk for technical (sales) questions.
- Initiate and follow local field trial opportunities. Ensure proper inclusion of field trial data into the sales dossiers and good up to date communication on new information.
- Demonstrate the need for Selko products to customers, demonstrate effectiveness and give application advice, while demonstrating the financial benefits of this service.
- Work closely together with the area sales managers and product managers to develop a professional and profit contributing equipment service.
- Support sales and customers with easy and user-friendly dosage equipment systems.
- Responsible for proper technical and economic benefits- training of sales teams, nutritionists, product managers and customers, distributors on the feed ingredients.
- Support the innovation manager with literature desk research work, market knowledge, lab service results and customer information to support growth of the Selko Feed Additives sales on current and future products.
Contribute to the Selko Feed Additives profitability
- Continuously look for bottom line improvements within and outside the area of responsibility. Create mutual understanding between the technical functionality and other business functions within Selko for optimal output.
- Regular updates of the activities and achievements, upcoming issues and concerns.
- Monthly written reporting and annual execution of a technical plan including a budget plan and a three year plan.
Cross functional team work
- Cooperate overall with all functions in the organization for maximum contribution to the Selko Feed Additives and Nutreco bottom line.
- Bachelor or Academic degree in feed technology, animal nutrition, animal production or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge (feed production process, feed formulation)
- Understanding of feed industry
- Commercial drive, hands-on, self-driven, self-starter, result orientated and excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Willing to undertake international travel
You recognize yourself in the following:
Saskia Ransijn - Prickaerts
T: +31 317 484 940
Indien uw gegevens niet aansluiten bij het gevraagde profiel en/of de vereiste werkervaring kunnen wij uw sollicitatie helaas niet in behandeling nemen.